I started out to be a television writer. Along the way, life took a few turns, but here I am, a few years later, still writing, editing and more. Here’s a snapshot of my career and interests.
- Instructional Designer, Skillpath Seminars (corporate and government training firm)
- Freelance Writer, Editor, Communications Consultant, Questing Moon Communications (business, multimedia, scripts, speeches, e-learning and more)
- VP of Marketing/General Manager, Stock Imagery, Inc. (stock photography)
- Speechwriter, Office of the Governor of New Mexico
- Staff Writer, Michigan Senate Press Office
- Copywriter, Kenyon & Eckhardt Advertising – (specializing in TV and radio spots for Chryslter Corporation and regional dealer associations.)
- Scriptwriter, C. Zimmerman & Associates -(documentaries, public exhibits, etc.) .
- Executaive Assistant, Adams, Ray & Rosenberg Literary Agency – (representing top Hollywood writers and directors, and movie rights for best-selling authors)
- MFA, Professional Writing, USC (California)
- BA, TV/Film Production, Sociology, Trinity University (Texas)
- Teacher/Trainer: adjunct instructor at local colleges and business seminar presenter
- Artist and designer
- Animal rights advocate
- Casual gardener, experimental cook, coffee addict
- Interests include history, vegetarian cooking, enviornomental issues, and spiritual/philosophical studies. FYI, I’m a liberal, mainstream Christian in the Presbyterian (PCUSA) church, who is also deeply interested in Buddhism and other religious/spiritual traditions.
To see photos of my other cats and read their newspaper, The Kitty City Tattler, go to http://thekittycityreport.wordpress.com.
© Chanda K. Zimmerman, 2012-2016